Here are 7 great tips for achieving success in IELTS Writing Task 2:
1. Have a quick think and make a plan before you begin writing.
2. Have a clear main idea or opinion and do not change or contradict it.
3. Good essays contain detail and explanation so make sure you support ideas or opinions with specific details or examples.
4. You can make up a study or some research to support an idea or opinion. Example sentence: Recent research revealed that vehicle fumes are one of the main causes of air pollution.
5. Try to avoid always using the first person (I, we, me) and the second person (you, your, yours). It is fine to use them occasionally.
6. Use as many adverbs as possible such as ‘definitely’ and ‘certainly’ as they will add clarity and precision to your sentences.
7. Make sure you have written at least 250 words as you will lose points if you write less.